An important thing to remember about secular humanism is that, unlike atheism and agnosticism, it is much more than simply a statement about belief or knowledge of a God. It is a way of life, a life-stance, that recognizes our impermanence and common humanity. Through that recognition, we are inspired to live in a way that enriches the lives of others, and inspires hope, justice, and opportunity for all.
One way we choose to that is by holding fundraisers and donating the money raised towards various organizations and causes that are making the world a better place. Another is by organizing and support events or projects that do the same.
- LGBT Burke (for Burke Pride 2016)
- Reach the Stars fundraiser for Freedom High School telescope
- Equality NC (for Burke Pride 2017)
- Meeting Place Mission
- House of Refuge Mission
- GoFundMe for Standing Rock (in support of a local veteran)
- Foothills Conservancy of NC
- Foundation Beyond Belief (for Hurricane Harvey Relief)
- ABC’s for Kids Campaign (WPCC)